Foundation Stats for Scientists
F101 - 1 day on-site / 2 online sessions
Available for online delivery!
Basic Stats in a day! This workshop helps you to choose and use appropriate statistical techniques in your day-to-day work. Learn which charts and graphs to use in order to present your information effectively. Practice (and master) statistical methods such as designs, displays and distributions. Analyse your data using t-tests and analysis of variance and fit appropriate curves. You’ll get hands-on experience of managing and analysing data, and of quickly generating charts and graphs. Following the workshop, you’ll be better equipped to analyse and interpret your data - and better equipped to effectively communicate your results.
- T-tests and Analysis of Variance
- Creating and interpreting charts and graphs
- Using charts to facilitate analysis and understanding
- Parameter and attribute relationships
- Trends and performance over time
- Identifying differences and correlations
Software Tools Used
Who should attend?
- All scientists interested in establishing (or reinforcing) a confident foundation in the statistical elements of their work – and in finding effective ways to present their data
This is an introductory workshop. No special preparation required.